Signups will be closed 24 hours before the raid and the raid leaders will spend the last 24 hours making selections. If you do not sign up and there are people already on backup for your role, you will not earn a spot as a backup. Please ensure you sign up and communicate to the best of your abilities.You may still sign up after signups are closed by sending a DM on discord to Tako or Elenmir.
Confirmed/Backup spots will be selected on the website. All marked Confirmed and those in Backup will gain full raid EP.
Criteria for selections:
1) Hitting raid composition: 4 tanks | 11 healers | 25 Ranged/Melee DPS (and additional specialty composition as required by specific encounters).
2) Rotating people to fairly give everyone raiding time.
- Raider backups will earn 100% of the EP earned for the night. Make yourself available for contact by the Raid Leader or Loot Master, whether it’s via Discord, tells, or guild chat. Be ready in front of the instance for a seamless transition when called upon. Respond to Raid Leader/Master Looter when messaged.
- Backups will be called up by 7:20 ST to fill unless there has been a previous notification from those Confirmed. If you are on backup, you are required to be online from 7:20 ST through the first 60 minutes after the raid starts, and then be ready to respond to Discord pings/PMs.
- If you leave before the 60 minute window, you will not earn Backup EP for the night. Requirements for earning EP as a Backup Player: Sign up, as usual, and be selected as a “Backup” by the Raid Leader.
- If you are a "Raider" you will not be asked to be a Backup in consecutive raids. Members will not earn EP as a backup.
- We welcome Members and Alts for our farm content. It gives our guild members a chance to experience the game from a different perspective, especially if you are filling in for a different role. That being said, we respect everyone’s time. Decisions on selections will remain focused on raid needs first and foremost: if tanks or healer Raiders can not make it, we will foremost fill those roles with capable, geared Raider alts before looking at dps roles/members.
Outside of those necessary changes, we have a soft cap of five alts or members so we can maintain our efficiency. The soft cap may be adjusted higher if the Confirmed Members or Alts are already pulling their weight, we will be able to bring in more people.
All alts and members will be first verified by an OTL before attending the previous tier raids.
- Irregular roster differences will be communicated in Discord in the #raid_discussion channel.
Say person xyz needs only one item from farmed content but is more than happy to sit backup to allow for other raiders/members/alts to get more experience. We accommodate swaps! One swap per person. Normal loot rules apply to our EPGP system.
Notify the Raid Leader a day in advance of who is leaving, and who is going to replace the person. Any swaps must be first cleared by the OTL team ahead of time.
During the raid - Self Serve System:
- Person leaving:
- whisper RL "I am leaving, xyz is coming in"
- Leave the actual Raid/Party, then hearth out
- Person joining, already waiting outside of instance portal:
- pst "heard" to Tako for invite and zone in
- ask for summon
- If the first person is swapping back in, then that person needs to make their way back to the dungeon and repeat steps 1 & 2.
Communication is key. Do not miss a boss because you are not here for it. (Consequently, missing the boss’s EP.)
Thank you to everyone who provided input on our sign up, approval, alts/members, swap processes. We aim to lead you to infinity (well, Naxx) and beyond! These guidelines are made with our raiders in mind.
Sometimes, real-life gets in the way of gaming. We understand that not everyone can make every raid. Our goal will always be providing the smoothest raid experience while being Dadcore enough to clear content and crush progression. We wouldn't be here without your help.