EP stands for Effort Points. EP is the measure of effort each member puts towards 25 man raid content on scheduled raid nights.
- EP for being present at raid start and present at raid end: 100
- EP per boss-kill as follows: 100 Mag/Grull, 200 SSC/Eye, 300 Hyjal/BT, 400 SWP
GP stands for Gear Points. GP measures the amount of loot each member has obtained.
- Each piece of gear from raid has a pre-set, transparent GP cost
PR stands for Loot Priority, the raider with the highest PR wins the item
- PR is determined by a ratio of EP to GP (PR = EP / GP)
Bid Types: Bid type trumps PR(MS > OS > Rot)
- MS (Main Spec) - 100% GP - gear to be used when performing your main role for the raid, where role is defined as tanking, healing, or dealing damage.
- OS (Off-Spec) - 25% GP - gear to be used when performing an alternate role for the raid (IE: a dps warrior taking tank gear or a feral druid taking caster gear). Can also be used for a side-grade piece of gear. This is when you already have an equivalent piece of gear from that phase, but need something to better fine tune a specific gear set.
- ROT (Non-raid) - 10% GP - gear that will not be used in the raid; if the gear taken as Rot is used in an EPGP raid, the 200% MS GP will be attributed at that date (total 210%)
EPGP Expanded concepts
- All raiders have a base GP value of 1000 P1, 2000 P2, 3000 P3, 4000 P5
- Base GP prevents new recruits from trumping dedicated, active members
- The GP of each member is (GP = BaseGP + LootGP)
Decay (on Tues 9am of each week)
- All raiders’ EP and LootGP decay 15% per week, every Tuesday. Decay prevents inactive members from trumping dedicated, active members. Decay weights recent contributions higher than past contributions
Roll-off: all raiders’ EP and LootGP will only be considered within the past 13 weeks
- Any raids participated in >13 weeks ago, or any loot taken >13 weeks ago, will no longer count towards EPGP calculations
- Attendance EP 100%
- Backup EP 100%
- Attendance EP 100%
- Backup EP 60%
Members (Trial Raiders):
- Attendance EP 100%
- Backup EP 0%
FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions
Why would we not discount GP for passed items?
- This keeps the spirit of the EPGP system as fair as possible; one of the primary benefits of EPGP is that items maintain a set cost that is the same over time, and the same for every player
- What we cannot do is to “discount” items that have been passed on during the raid; this sets a bad precedent - the idea that one can pass on an item to receive it for less creates bad behavior for some and that’s enough to disturb the system of equitable loot/gear distribution
- A player that obtains a piece of loot/gear SHOULD wait for others to obtain something as well, before the original player gets something else - this is how the system is meant to properly work
Can the GP values for items be debated?
- Absolutely - but not arbitrarily. Check out the #math on GP calculation (in FAQ) and suggest an edit to one of the officers - if it has merit, the officers are open to changing it.
- This will be done before the raid (not during a raid when something has been passed)
- This will apply to ALL items, past, and future if a change is made
Is there any other way to earn EP, like donating gold/pots/mats to the guild?
- No, raid effort, and effort points, cannot be bought except by time spent in the raid
Is the decay & roll-off necessary?
- We feel it is - it protects the more dedicated and active members and is a necessary step for the system to work properly
- It prevents point hoarding, even for dedicated and active members
- This allows newer raiders to catch up much more quickly, as historical EP decays
- It is relative and everyone is decayed / rolled equally
What other pieces have had GP reduced, so far?
- Resistance Gear - items where the sole usefulness comes from their Resistance attribute have been reduced to 0gp (MC: Fireguard Shoulders & Fireproof Cloak, BWL: Black Ash Robe & Emberweave Leggings)
What are the formulas used to calculate GP?
- ItemGP = 1000 x 2 ^ ((ilevel - 66)/10) x ItemScale x TierModifier
- ItemScale as follows:
- [1.00] Head, Chest, Legs
- [0.75] Shoulder, Hands, Feet, Waist
- [0.56] Wrist, Back, Neck, Finger
- [0.50] Off-hand
- [1.25] Trinket
- [1.50] One-handed weapon/shield
- [2.00] Two-handed weapon
- [0.75] TierModifier (does not apply to tokens)
How is Decay calculated?
- Current EP = Earned EP x (1 - 15%) ^ (number of weeks old)
- Current GP = 1000 + Loot GP x (1 - 15%) ^ (number of weeks old)