EP stands for Effort Points. EP is the measure of effort each member puts towards 25 man raid content on scheduled raid nights.
- EP for being present at raid start and present at raid end: 100
- EP per boss-kill as follows: 100 Mag/Grull, 200 SSC/Eye, 300 Hyjal/BT, 400 SWP
GP stands for Gear Points. GP measures the amount of loot each member has obtained.
- Each piece of gear from the raid has a pre-set, transparent GP cost
PR stands for Loot Priority, the raider with the highest PR wins the item
- PR is determined by a ratio of EP to GP (PR = EP / GP)
Bid Types: Bid type trumps PR(MS > Alt > OS)
- MS, 100% gear points, covering:
- Any MS piece you will use a majority of the time, up to and including BiS
- AltMS, 25% gear points, covering:
- Any MS piece that will be used situationally (hit gear, side grade, raid buff dependant, etc)
- Any MS piece that will favor PvP usage
- Ranged bidding on melee items; melee bidding on ranged items
- Alts bidding MS
- OS, 5% gear points, covering:
- Any true OS piece
- Any true Alt's OS piece
- Duplicate pieces
- Obviously non-raid (vendorstrike-esque)
EPGP Expanded concepts
- 100% EP awarded for all raid attendees, regardless of the current status: raider, reserve, member or trial
- While on backup (not in the raid) EP will be earned at a rate of: 100% for raiders, 60% for reserves, 60% for members if selected
- Once a backup player has entered the raid, that backup player will be earning EP for the full night
- If a player has to leave the raid for any reason (other than a pre-arranged swap for gear drop or RL request for comp change), no EP is awarded for the remainder of the raid.
- All raiders have a base GP value of 1000 P1, 2000 P2, 3000 P3, 4000 P5
- Base GP prevents new recruits from trumping dedicated, active members
- The GP of each member is (GP = BaseGP + LootGP)
Decay (on Tues 9 am of each week)
- All raiders’ EP and LootGP decay 15% per week, every Tuesday. Decay prevents inactive members from trumping dedicated, active members. Decay weights recent contributions higher than past contributions
Roll-off: all raiders’ EP and LootGP will only be considered within the past 13 weeks
- Any raids participated in >13 weeks ago, or any loot taken >13 weeks ago, will no longer count towards EPGP calculations
FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions
Why would we not discount GP for passed items?
- This keeps the spirit of the EPGP system as fair as possible; one of the primary benefits of EPGP is that items maintain a set cost that is the same over time and the same for every player
- What we cannot do is to “discount” items that have been passed on during the raid; this sets a bad precedent - the idea that one can pass on an item to receive it for less creates bad behavior for some and that’s enough to disturb the system of equitable loot/gear distribution
- A player that obtains a piece of loot/gear SHOULD wait for others to obtain something as well before the original player gets something else - this is how the system is meant to properly work
Can the GP values for items be debated?
- Absolutely - but not arbitrarily. Check out the #math on GP calculation (in FAQ) and suggest an edit to one of the officers - if it has merit, the officers are open to changing it.
- This will be done before the raid (not during a raid when something has been passed)
- This will apply to ALL items, past, and future if a change is made
Is there any other way to earn EP, like donating gold/pots/mats to the guild?
- No, raid effort, and effort points, cannot be bought except by time spent in the raid
Is the decay & roll-off necessary?
- We feel it is - it protects the more dedicated and active members and is a necessary step for the system to work properly
- It prevents point hoarding, even for dedicated and active members
- This allows newer raiders to catch up much more quickly, as historical EP decays
- It is relative and everyone is decayed / rolled equally
What other pieces have had GP reduced, so far?
- Resistance Gear - items, where the sole usefulness comes from their Resistance attribute, have been reduced to 0gp (MC: Fireguard Shoulders & Fireproof Cloak, BWL: Black Ash Robe & Emberweave Leggings)
What are the formulas used to calculate GP?
- ItemGP = 1000 x 2 ^ ((ilevel - 66)/10) x ItemScale x TierModifier
- ItemScale as follows:
- [1.00] Head, Chest, Legs
- [0.75] Shoulder, Hands, Feet, Waist
- [0.56] Wrist, Back, Neck, Finger
- [0.50] Off-hand
- [1.25] Trinket
- [1.50] One-handed weapon/shield
- [2.00] Two-handed weapon
- [0.75] TierModifier (does not apply to tokens)
How is Decay calculated?
- Current EP = Earned EP x (1 - 15%) ^ (number of weeks old)
- Current GP = 1000 + Loot GP x (1 - 15%) ^ (number of weeks old)